Saturday, March 21, 2009

Diazonium

































At the Hall of Ideas in Midland, Michigan, there is a machine where you can take out a piece of paper coated with diazonium and coupling compounds, put your hand on it while exposing it to a special light (causing a chemical reaction), and process it. The first one I did yesterday. The second one I did a little over a month ago--notice how it fades from navy blue to a lime green over time. Midland, Michigan revolves around Dow Chemical Company and Dow Corning. There are many houses that have signs in the window that read: Home of a Chemic. Everyone loves chemistry here.

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled across your site while Blogger surfing (clicking 'Next Blog' at the top), and saw yours. It stood out, 1) because it was in English and 2) I grew up in Midland! and still have friends there. I love the Hall of Ideas, and actually worked a year at the MCFTA in the big auditorium. I still miss the Dow Gardens.
    Are you from Midland, or are you a transplant?

    Nice graphics work, too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete